HOW YOU DOIN!
Not just a saying or a greeting…How You Doin’? is a philosophy that runs deep through Global Spectrum Facility Management’s facilities and staff. How You Doin’? is more than a way we greet our clients and guests. It’s a way of life at the Ryan Center. Whenever customers encounter a Ryan Center employee, they are greeted with a "How You Doin'?" and a big smile. HYD encourages all employees to engage in conversation with customers, not only to assist them and make their experience more enjoyable, but also for us to gauge our performance as a company. Employees report back to management any significant comments so they can be acted upon.
Besides this universal greeting, the HYD program also includes employee incentives, training for full and part-time staff members, tools to measure company performance and more. The Ryan Center's staff are trained in the HYD philosophy, including the upgraded Top 5 principals that help us maintain a first-rate facility by providing top-notch service to our guests.
A HYD committee is in place at the Ryan Center and Boss Ice Arena featuring a representative from each department to create a fun and exciting work atmosphere. Some highlights from the HYD committee this past season were URI Pink Out, Random Acts of Kindness, building a house for Habitat for Humanity, Staff Appreciation Night, Easter Egg Hunt, our All Staff Training hosting the RI Adoption Gallery, URI Spirit of Giving Holiday Toy Drive, Stuff A Bus Food Drive, Holiday Gift Swap & Pot Luck and our bi-monthly newsletter, the Ticket.
- 1. Customer First: All employees are empowered to use all resources available to serve internal and external customers
- 2. Golden Rule: Treat customers and co-workers with complete respect, fairness and courtesy.
- 3. Listen: Ask open-ended questions, be attentive and clarify understanding to improve accuracy of responses.
- 4. Think “YES”: Consistently demonstrate a can-do approach in thoughts and actions.
- 5. Be Professional: Represent the Ryan Center, Boss Ice Arena and Global Spectrum in an ethical and positive manner with all interactions.
- 6. Positive Attitude: Solve problems creatively by making decisions that positively impact the entire organization.
- 7. 24-Hour Rule: Act with an appropriate sense of urgency when responding to any and all requests.
- 8. Everybody Sells: Suggest and implement new ways to drive and improve business.
- 9. Enthusiasm: Work with a passion towards achieving individual, team and organizational growth and success and encourage others to do the same.
- 10. Do It Now: Deliver on the things you have committed to doing and are accountable for producing.
Send your comments, suggestions, complaints and compliments to us HERE. We love to hear from YOU! Did you enjoy an event? Did someone go out of their way to assist you during your time at the Boss Ice Arena? Is there anything you would like to see here that we do not have? Let us know!